We ship 99% of our orders within one business day of receiving payment. Every package is very carefully prepared for safe shipping. Click here to find out how we'll pack your purchase to help ensure it will arrive safely.
Free Shipping for U.S. Customers
We'll ship your package for free by USPS priority or first class mail, with insurance and tracking included at no extra cost. Most packages are delivered within two to three days.
Free Insurance for International Customers
We'll pay for insurance on all orders going abroad, if insurance is desired and available for the shipping method you select. Note: insurance is not available for all shipping methods to some countries, and there are limits to the amount of insurance available which vary by country and shipping method. Please contact us for details.
Please consider the following shipping options:
- International First Class Mail: This is usually the cheapest option. Delivery time is not specified by the post office, but often takes 2-6 weeks. This option is not available for packages weighing more than four pounds, or for fragile or very expensive specimens, and insurance is not offered.
- International Priority Mail: This is the second cheapest option, with delivery in 6-10 business days.
- International Express Mail: Usually only a little more expensive than Priority, this choice will usually get you your package in 3-5 business days.
Import Taxes and Duties
Please note that you may have to pay import duties and/or taxes on your shipment if it is insured; laws vary from county to country, so find out how your country's laws will affect you. We will mark your package with whatever value you prefer, with a note saying: "Geological samples for study purposes only." If you want us to declare no value, we'll add, "No commercial value." If you wish to use this method, or use any method that does not include full insurance, you must agree to assume all risk for uninsured loss or damage, and we will not refund your money if the parcel is lost of broken. Fortunately, almost 100% of our shipments arrive safely, on time, and with no damage, so the no/low insurance option rarely causes any problems. We will file claims for any items that are lost, or if insured, that are damaged.
A Word about Tracking for International Orders
Tracking is available for orders sent by Global Express, Priority Express, and Priority mail. Tracking is not available for First Class International, but we can provide a customs number that can give you some information such as when the package left the U.S. and when it entered your country.
We Also Do Express Shipping
If you need your purchase(s) in a hurry, please let us know and we'll be glad to send your package overnight or, for international shipments, by Global Express Guaranteed. U.S. customers only pay the difference between regular and overnight shipping. Please contact us before making payment so we can quote you the actual cost.
Other Shipping Options
We can ship your package using UPS, FedEx, DHL and others. Because of the extra time required to ship with these companies, if you choose one of these companies we charge a $20 surcharge.
- 40 Church Street, Greenfield, MA 01301
- Phone: 1-413-774-5707 9AM to 6PM EST only
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org